These are the lightweight, single-piece aluminum tail-mounts from Marshall Radio that are now used by so many falconers in the Gulf.
As shown in the image above, they are individually machined from a solid block of special aircraft aluminum alloy. They are then tumbled in a ceramic media to round off all sharp corners or edges and make the surface smooth. Finally, they are anodized for color and protection and laser engraved with the Marshall logo to ensure they are the Original and not a copy.
And, using the Marshall Installation tool (shown above), the installation is quick and easy.
There are 6 sizes to fit most all birds:
- Micro-Small: the original size for Merlins, Spars, Aplomados
- Micro-Medium: Medium size raptors (Perigrine, Harris', male Goshawks) where a Micro is to be used. Medium on the bottom, with Micro size on the top.
- Micro-Large: Large size raprtors (female Gyrs, Redtails, Goshawks) where a Micro is to be used. Large on the bottom, with Micro size on the top.
- Medium: Gyrkin, Peregrine, Harris', Male Goshawks
- Large: Female Gos, Female Gyrfalcon
- Extra Large: Eagles