“No One goes to the Lengths We Do”
Discover how your skills can make an impact. View our list of current openings below. Click on each job title to learn more about the position.
Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Marshall Radio Telemetry is the world leader in miniature Radio and GPS tracking systems. Our products protect the lives of loved ones and track things in the consumer, business, and government spaces. We are seeking top tier Embedded Systems engineers to join our North Salt Lake team. If you are mentally agile, have a passion for embedded systems, are highly organized, and work great in a team development environment, you may have what it takes to be a star player at Marshall Radio! We are seeking embedded system engineers to join us in developing best in breed GPS tracking products in consumer, lifesaving, animal tracking and military spaces. If you have some of these skills and are motivated to gain more of them you, will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with senior design engineers and embedded, application, electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing teams.
Job DescriptionAs a member of the engineering team you will be involved with:
- Delivering highly reliable embedded software for Marshall products
- Working on multi-disciplinary teams to develop new products as well as implement new features on existing product platforms
- Developing test driven code on ARM Cortex architecture.
- Create and implement Wireless networking protocols for TDMA / CDMA networks
- Implementing and maintaining encryption and security protocols for wireless networks.
- Communicate with multiple on-board devices, including driver creation and integration.
- Optimization of device power performance.
- Imagining and creating new product firmware from prototype through production and flight
- Take ownership of your firmware products, including verification testing and writing documentation
This position is based out of our North Salt Lake, UT headquarters. The position is predominantly an in-person position with some remote work if desired. The embedded systems team is responsible for architecting, developing, and verifying firmware for GPS tracking products. The team works closely with electrical & hardware engineers, app developers, as well as end users to deliver highly refined products on a rapid development schedule. Team members are expected to be intellectually curious and learn from team members in and outside of their own discipline. Successful applicants will take responsibility for the development, testing and deployment of mission-critical systems as part of a close-knit team of exceptional engineers.
- Deliver highly reliable embedded software for Marshall products
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams to develop new products as well as implement new features on existing product platforms
- Passion for problem solving and continuous learning. Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with an emphasis in Firmware development, or Computer Science with knowledge of electrical hardware
- 2+ years of experience writing embedded software in C / C++ language
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years developing software for the ARM Cortex-M family microarchitecture
- Working knowledge of hardware level software development, including use of timers, interrupts, hardware peripherals
- Experience programming and testing high reliability, safety critical, and fault tolerant systems
- Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer (SPI, I2C, UART)
- Wireless protocol experience (WI-FI, BT, etc.)
- Familiar with common electronic components and comfortable reading circuit design schematics and contributing to hardware design discussions
- Strong understanding of operating system fundamentals, including schedulers, RTOS, file systems, memory management, etc.
- Experience with defensive programming, continuous testing and similar high- reliability software development strategies
- Familiarity with collaborative development, scrum, version control, GIT
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
Knock our Socks off Skills
- Experience with low power wireless, and mesh networks
- Deep understanding of OTA Networking architecture (CDMA, TDMA), and network traffic scheduling and prioritization
- PC Software development with Python, C#
- Hardware and Software encryption techniques (AES, DES, etc) including key handling and sharing up to FIPS 140
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Full Benefits packaging including PTO, Health and Dental, and employer matched 401K Plan.
Send Resume and Salary History to: email@example.com
Marshall Radio Telemetry, a world leader in the manufacture of RF telemetry equipment, is seeking qualified individuals for the position of CNC Machinist/Operator in our machine shop. This position is responsible for the setup, operation and general maintenance of various lathes and mills to produce precision machined parts. Marshall Radio creates products that combine the quality requirements and tolerances of the medical industry with the advanced materials from the aerospace industry to house our intricate cutting edge electronic assemblies. This is a great opportunity in a small, professional machine shop environment to demonstrate your talents whether you are a highly skilled master or just learning the trade.
Openings are for grave shift positions.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Setup and operate vertical/horizontal milling machines.
- Setup and operate screw machine style lathes.
- Proficient use of manual machines.
- Use of measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers for precision inspection.
- Capable of doing intricate inspection and deburring under a microscope.
- Strict adherence to safety/health and inspection policy
- Skilled with sanding, buffing and polishing equipment.
- Experience with general shop hand tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to stand and work for 8 hours or more and lift 50lbs.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Positive attitude and a teamwork mentality is a necessity.
- Setup experience with mills, and lathesFamiliarity with Okuma, Mori Seiki mills and Star screw machines.
- Understanding of M&G code programming.
- Modeling experience with SolidWorks and/or CAM experience with MasterCAM.
- Large component soldering experience.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings for inspection purposes.
- Assist machinists and shop manager with other duties as assigned.
- Completion of machining course from a technical school or 1 – 3 years machine shop experience desired. (We are willing to train the right individuals.)
- Excellent competitive wage.10 Paid holiday days per year.
- 2 Weeks of vacation pay to start.
- Medical Insurance with 100% premium coverage for employee.
- Dental Insurance.
- Vision Insurance.
- 401K retirement plan with excellent company matching.
Only reliable, self-motivated individuals with the ability to read and comprehend manufacturing drawings should apply. The ability to follow written and verbal instruction is essential.
This is a great opportunity in a small shop atmosphere with possibility of growth and advancement. Willing to train the right applicant with a positive attitude and proper work ethics.
Full time position requiring 40 hours per week Monday-Friday, some overtime may be required.
Send Resume and Salary History to: firstname.lastname@example.org